Giving a cell phone to a small child might seem like a recipe for disaster. As a parent, you want to have a way to keep in touch with your child, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a phone that they’re likely to leave behind at school or at a friend’s house.
The solution may be a wrist watch phone – a wearable cell phone that allows you to talk to your child and track their movements in real time. The Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone is one option that you may want to consider.
iGPS Kids Watch Product Features
The Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone has some very attractive features that make it a good choice for parents who want an easy way to stay in touch with, and track, their kids.
- Durable plastic wristband
- Buttons to make a telephone call or send an SOS signal
- Removal Sensor to tell you if your child’s watch is removed
- Free mobile app to help you track your child’s movements
- Rechargeable battery
The product works best with the included SIM card but can be swapped with a local SIM card if you are traveling abroad.
Kids GPS Watch Benefits
Now let’s look at some of the benefits that parents can get when they buy the Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone:
- Easy app for Android and iOS allows you to track your child’s movements in real time
- Store up to eight emergency contact numbers in the phone – the phone will call each one in succession if the SOS button is activated
- Set up a geo-fence that will let you know if your child leaves a designated area
- Use the listening feature to call your child’s watch and listen in on what they’re doing
- Get map images and coordinates when your child leaves your specified tracking area
The ability to listen in on your child and track their movements can provide real peace of mind when your child is at school or with a caretaker.
How the Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone with Real-Time GPS Tracking Works
The Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone is easy to use. Here’s what you have to do to get started:
- Charge the battery and download the free tracking app for your mobile device or computer
- Set up monthly cellular service with iGPS
- Use the app to set up your geo-fencing
- Choose the type of notifications you want to get (SMS, email, etc.)
- Program your chosen SOS numbers into the phone
- Show your child how to use the phone
The watch itself has only a few buttons, making it easy for even a small child to master the basics. All your child needs to know is not to take the watch off and how to use the SOS button – the rest of the features of the phone will be managed from the app.
Pros of the Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone
Like the other GPS trackers on the market, the Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone has its pros. Here are some of the specific things mentioned by people who reviewed the product on Amazon:
- The phone allows you to call and listen without alerting your child that you are connected to them. It can be a good way to eavesdrop on your child’s activities or on caretakers.
- Easy to set up geo-fencing options allow you to keep track of where your child is – and when your child leaves the designated area.
- Automatic alerts if your child removes the watch.
- SOS option gives both you and your child peace of mind.
- Comes in a variety of colors so your child can pick one.
The people who liked the watch were satisfied with its performance and the price.
Drawbacks of the Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone
As you might expect, not every customer was satisfied with the Kids GPS Wrist Watch Phone. Here are a few of the cons that customers mentioned:
- The calling plan is $15.95 per month, and some people mentioned they thought that was a lot compared to other devices on the market.
- While you can program 8 numbers into the SOS option, only one number can be labeled.
- The phone will auto-dial the SOS numbers, but can only make a non-emergency call out to the first number.
- A few people mentioned that the app was not in English and that it took them a while to figure out how to set everything up to their satisfaction.
There are some real advantages to having your child wear a watch instead of having a tracking device that they might misplace or lose. However, some issues with the app and the cost might make this option less than ideal. If this didn’t totally sound like what you wanted, please check out more gps children tracking devices here that I have reviewed.