Not being able to find your child is a scary thing for any parent. The good news is that technology makes it easier than ever before to make sure you know where you children are when you need to find them. The PocketFinder, as its name suggests, is designed to be placed in a pocket. It can be used for children, pets, or adults with dementia.
The PocketFinder works by letting you track it from a mobile device or desktop computer. It is easy to share information with other people, including your child’s caretakers and law enforcement. Using a device like this can give you some peace of mind knowing that you will be able to locate your child at any time.
PocketFinder Product Features
Let’s review some of the unique features of the PocketFinder GPS Child Finder.
- Small, durable device that fits easily into a child’s pocket
- GPS technology for easy tracking
- Interactive maps to help you locate your child quickly
- Free app for mobile devices or desktop computers
The device is a small, white, circular object that weighs just over an ounce. It is easy to conceal in a child’s pocket or backpack, and comes with a bag to carry it in if you prefer.
Pocketfinder Product Benefits
Now let’s look at some of the particular benefits of selecting the PocketFinder GPS Child Finder:
- Easy-to-use interface allows you to manage your devices from a desktop computer or mobile device
- Set up alerts to be notified if the person wearing the device ventures outside of a specified area or if the battery is running low
- No contract required for service plan
- Receive alerts directly to your phone
- Set up accounts for multiple users, including your child’s caretakers
- Have real peace of mind knowing where your child is at all times
These benefits demonstrate the reasons what parents have to gain from buying the PocketFinder to keep track of their children.
How the PocketFinder GPS Child Finder Works
The most important thing for any GPS device is ease of use. You don’t want to order a tracker for your child only to find that you can’t figure out how to use it. Here’s how the PocketFinder works:
- Install the free app on your cell phone, tablet, or computer
- Set up your monthly service plan
- Activate the device and create user accounts
- Set up your geo-fence and other alerts as needed
- Monitor your child’s activity and replace batteries as needed
The device is easy to activate and set up and makes it possible for you to know where your child is all the time.
Pros of the PocketFinder GPS Child Finder
People who have purchased the PocketFinder GPS Child Finder have some positive things to say about it. The product has 41 customer reviews on Amazon and average rating of 2.6 stars out of 5 possible stars. Here are some of the pros of buying this device:
- Web, Android, and iOS apps available
- Can track multiple devices on one map
- Easy to set up alerts for multiple scenarios, including tracking a car and monitoring if it exceeds the speed limit
- Device is small and easy to carry in a pocket
- Keeps record of tracking history for several days so you can check it
- Choose between email alerts and SMS alerts
- Information is speedy and accurate, even in areas where cell coverage is not great
Many of the customers talked about these features and were happy with their purchases.
Cons of the PocketFinder GPS Child Finder
No product is without its cons, and here are some of the issues most commonly mentioned by customers:
- Battery life is relatively short and requires frequent charging
- Location services are designed to work outside but may not be accurate if the person being tracked is inside a building
- Service plan is $12.95, slightly more expensive than the plans for competing devices
- The product still uses 2G mode, which is good for people who live in remote areas but not great in terms of speed and reliability
- Some customers felt that the device was too large for small children to carry
The most common complaints had to do with the device’s lack of accuracy inside buildings. Most customers appeared to be satisfied with how the product worked outdoors.
The PocketFinder GPS Child Finder appears to work as intended when it’s outdoors but may suffer from a lack of accuracy when your child is inside. The 2G technology is outdated and will need to be upgraded when 2G is phased out. So, be weary of that and there are other options out there that we reviewed here for children gps trackers.