Sinopro, a Chinese manufacturing and distribution company, has entered the Children’s Smart Watch market with their Q50 model. It is designed to be worn by little ones who wish a bit of independence from their parents, all the while being under total surveillance with a basket full of parent-friendly monitoring tools. Basic to all children’s smart watches is a real time GPS tracker, allowing parents to see on their smart phone screens the exact location of their child.
The accuracy of GPS is about 3 to 4 yards, which is more than sufficient for the watch’s intended use. Any GPS device is worthless, however, if your child is not wearing the watch. With this in mind, the Q50 watch has an alarm that will sense if the watch is removed, and will immediately inform the parent with an audible signal.
Sinopro also incorporates an emergency SOS button that the child can use when, for example, they get turned around and can’t find their way back to the parents, or if the child senses trouble in his or her surroundings.
The SOS will alarm the parent’s smart phone, who in turn can quickly contact and locate them! The Q50 also has a “listening mode”, taking advantage of its ultra-sensitive microphone, allowing parents to hear what’s going on in the vicinity of their child. The watch also has a built-in speaker, allowing two way conversations between parent and child.
One final safety feature of the Q50 is the Security Fence feature, which allows parents to set safety perimeters that will alert them if their child leaves that area. Besides telling the time and date, the Sinopro watch will also act as a pedometer and multi-function fitness tracker.
SINOPRO Q50 Product Specs:
- The watchband is made of soft silicone in an assortment of colors
- Compatible with Android 4.0 and above, and Apple IOS 8.0 and above
- Requires T-Mobile or AT&T Micro SIM card, not included
- Display: 0.96“ OLED 128 x 64
- Net weight : 39 grams (Just over an ounce)
- Battery: Li-polymer 3.7 volt, with a 400 mAh capacity
- Operating system: MTK G
SINOPRO Q50 Product Reviews
The Q50 has its share of positive reviewers, who liked the watch and its functions. A few of the watch’s fans had the following to say:
- More than one reviewer states that the watch’s functions work as advertised.
- One user says that he loves geeky gadgets, and this one did not disappoint.
- A purchaser goes on to state how his child likes the watch, and likes to wear it.
- Another calls the device “novel”, and describes the accuracy of the GPS
Not all of the watch’s purchasers were pleased with it, though
- The watch was overly complicated to set up, said more than one purchaser
- Another user exclaims that the instructions were written in broken English, which only complicates the setting-up process
- A buyer was not expecting the need to purchase a required service plan, which costs at least $15 per month.
- No customer service or support, noted one purchaser.
It is noteworthy to report, though, that many of the negative reviewers did admit that the watch functioned well and proper after they finally managed to set it up.
SINOPRO Q50 CONCLUSION
The Sinopro Q50 Smart Watch allows parents to actively monitor their small children as they allow them to venture out of eyesight. With several safety features including GPS, an SOS button, and an Electronic Security Fence, parents can feel a bit easier when taking their little ones out in public. For the child, it gives them peace of mind as well, knowing that their mom or dad is as close as a push of a button if they get turned around or feel uncomfortable in their surroundings.
The two-way chat feature is also nice, for both the parent and the child. The Pedometer and fitness tracker can also be fun for the kids too as they track their progress in distance traveled, steps taken and time afoot. While the watch itself seems to be a bit tricky to initiate out of the box, once set up it is a fully functional safety tool that can be a wise investment for the family on the go.
Weighing in at just over an ounce, and available in several bold, fun colors, the kids will actually enjoy wearing it. Just in case they decide to remove it, though, it will not escape the parent’s notice!