Welcome to the age of technology! This children’s watch keeps track of your child even when you aren’t with them, allowing you to stay in constant contact when not in line-of-sight. The Tencent QQ smartwatch lets you keep track of their exact location using WIFI, GPS and Cellular Triangulation in real time, giving you as a parent a good peace of mind as your child grows older and wishes more freedom.
It’s packed with other useful features including programmable safety and danger zones, an Emergency SOS button (which instantly sends an alert to your phone) and also gives you the local weather forecast.
As a parent, you can call the watch and initiate “listening mode”, allowing you to hear what’s happening at any time. Of course, you can also hold a conversation with your child through the watch and your cell phone, and you can also send texts and short voice messages when you don’t wish to take the time to place a regular phone call to them.
For those parents with their own brood, your cell phone acts as the base station, with individual watches acting as the mobile units. When it’s time to call it a day, your kid’s watch is equipped with a programmable alarm clock, telling them to come on in. Finally, being an actual wristwatch, it does tell the time and date as well!
The Tencent QQ smartwatch is not only a parent’s friend, but is also fun for the kids too! It has a fully functional 3MP camera, a “WE CHAT” mode for making new friends, and a pedometer for keeping track of their daily walks. It even has a history path to go over the day’s route. Its sport calculator will display the calories burned, the distance traveled, and the average rate of travel.
- 22” Color Screen with a 240 X 240 pixel matrix
- Water Resistant to level IP65
- 3 to 8 day battery life (Usage dependent)
- Food grade silica case is non-toxic, allergy free and static free
- 3 mp Megapixel camera
- Multi-language programmable display
- Locating accurate to 10 feet
- Cute styling available in 3 colors
- Network Requirements: 2G GSM: 800/900/1800/1900MHZ
- Reviewers say this is the watch for young children because it is easy to use and operate.
- Parents say that their kids love the watch. It is cute and does everything a young one could ask for.
- Parents program in the phone numbers they want their children to call. This gives you a lot of control over whom they are speaking with.
- Customer states that the safe zone setting lets you feel a little better if your child has to be out of your sight for any amount of time.
- Another reviewer likes the precision of the GPS system, as well as calling it a great toy for them.
- A parent writes and praises the fact that her child can take pictures and call her friends using the watch.
- One reviewer positively compares this watch to others on the market. He gives the Tencent QQ higher marks than its competitor in both price and features.
- Several reviewers noted that the watch runs only on 2G service, which is not available everywhere. T-Mobile will have the only 2G service available in 2017.
- Reviewers stated that this watch does not work with AT&T or Sprint plans, which limits its usage.
- One customer noted that his watch will not synchronize contacts.
- Purchasers were irritated with local coverage, or lack of local coverage, which rendered the wristwatches inoperative.
- A common problem from reviewers is that it takes a long time to configure the watch, and many had problems figuring it out.
- One reviewer stated that the time is not settable, but factory set to US Pacific time. He also said that the time is displayed in Military Time (a 24 hour clock cycle).
This watch is either loved or hated by the reviewers, with most of the problems seemingly directly related to the necessary 2G coverage. Never the less, the watch itself is full of very useful communication and locating features, and for a parent worried about letting their child out of sight, it can give great peace of mind. It is cute, stylish, and has features that even a child will love and have fun with. There are other options out there that we reviewed here in our GPS tracker For Kids Guide. Check that out if this doesn’t trip your trigger.