When it’s your job to take care of someone, whether it’s a child, a pet, or an adult with dementia, there’s no scarier moment than the moment when you realize that you’ve lost track of them. One of the blessings of technology is that we now have the tools to allow us to keep track of our loved ones in an emergency.
The Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator is a small device that can easily be worn by anybody, or even attached to your pet’s collar. It allows you to track the wearer’s location anywhere in the world for only a small monthly fee. In fact, you can set it up to track at whatever interval you want – including an interval as short as ten seconds.
Features of the Yepzon One GPS Locator
The Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator has several features that make it a good choice:
- Uses multiple systems – GPS, GSM, and Bluetooth – to track the wearer with no limitations on distance
- Easy-to-use app works with any mobile device
- Long battery life – depending on usage the battery can last for months
- Comes with neck strap, neoprene case, and charger
- Six months of data (30 MB) included
This device is small, easy to use, and makes it easy to track the wearer with a few easy steps.
Yepzon Product Benefits
The Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator offers significant benefits to customers, including:
- No need to share personal information unless you want to do so
- Can share tracking information with caregivers as needed
- Suitable for children, adults, pets, and even valuables
- Can turn device off and on remotely from the app
- App is available for Android, iOS and Windows phones
- Track as many Yepzons from your phone as you desire
- Set up regular notifications to suit your needs
- Available on both T Mobile and AT&T
The fact that the Yepzon works on T Mobile means that its use won’t be affected by the planned AT&T 2G sunset.
How Yepzon Works
The Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator is simple to operate. When you receive the device, all you need to do is active the service for $4.95 per month. Download the Yepzon app, activate the GPS locator, give it a name, and then make sure that the person or pet you are tracking is wearing the device.
The device will send you updates from the Yepzon cloud per your request.
Pros of the Yepzon One GPS Locator
Every product has its pros and cons. Here are some of the pros according to people who reviewed the product at Amazon:
- The device has no buttons that can be accidentally turned off by a pet or child, or deliberately turned off by a criminal
- The device is small and unobtrusive, and comes with a case that you can easily slip into a pocket
- The free data included may last six months or more depending on usage
- Integrates with Google Maps for easy location of pets and children
- Most people found that the battery had a long life and needed to be recharged only once every few days
- You can set it up for regular tracking, or set an alarm to remind you to activate it – for example, when it’s time for your child to leave school
Most of the customers who bought this product were satisfied and gave it an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 possible stars.
Drawbacks of the Yepzon One GPS Tracker
As is always the case, there were a few customers who were not satisfied with the Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator. Here are some of the cons they mentioned in their reviews:
- Some people found that when they set the device up for frequent notifications, the battery did not last as long as they wanted it to
- The device is too heavy to be practical for a very small dog or for most cats
- While the device comes with a neoprene case, it is not completely waterproof
- The device goes into sleep mode when not set up to track which can mean that it takes a few minutes to provide a location
- The accuracy of the device may not be as high if the person wearing it is inside a building
It is important to note that the majority of customers were satisfied.
On the whole, the consensus is that the Yepzon One Personal GPS Locator is an affordable and effective tracking device that is usable for children, adults, and most pets. One of the most compelling reasons for choosing this option is the fact that it cannot be turned off accidentally or intentionally from the device itself – only from the app that allows you to control it. You can also view more of tracking device options for children here.